Follow these eight steps:
- Define your brand: Outline or use your brand guidelines to define your brand and how it’ll come through in your online campaigns. Think about your unique selling points (USPs), brand voice, and value proposition.
- Build your buyer personas: Determine who your business wants to reach with digital marketing strategies with custom buyer personas. Think about user demographics, as well as the motivations that drive people to choose your company, products, and services.
- Create your S.M.A.R.T. goals: Use specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely goals (also known as S.M.A.R.T. goals) to guide your digital marketing strategy. Think about your organization’s short- and long-term goals for growth.
- Choose your digital marketing strategies: Pick the best digital marketing strategies for your business. Focus on the techniques that offer the most value for your business and industry, versus trendy strategies.
- Set your digital marketing budget: Research digital marketing pricing to build a realistic budget for your business. For reference, most businesses spend $2500 to $12,000 per month on online marketing.
- Brainstorm your strategy: Guide your digital marketing strategy to success by planning your strategy. If you’re advertising, determine your ad spend. If you’re publishing content, build your content calendar.
- Launch your campaigns: Follow your digital marketing strategy planning, launch your campaigns across channels. Ensure all your channels feature the appropriate tracking information. Your website, for example, should feature your Google Analytics tracking code
- Track your results: Monitor and measure the performance of your digital marketing strategies by tracking their performance. Use tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google Ads to keep a pulse on your strategies and their return on investment (ROI).